Thursday, April 3, 2008

First 4-Miler

Yesterday I did my first 4-miler of the training season.  I looked in Bob Glover's book and found that I need to have a base of 25 miles per week BEFORE I start my marathon training schedule, so I figured a weeks worth of 3-mile runs was not going to cut it. I have to step up my game. Just a mere 2 years ago, I used to knock out this 4-mile run with my eyes closed. Yesterday, I labored to finish. I finally did, but not without stopping at the 2.5-mile mark. I don't know if there is something wrong with my stride but my right quad gets very fatigued.  The left one is OK.  I wonder if I am favoring my right leg too much.

After I got home, I rested for a while and was tired for a little bit. My girlfriend Luckie came over and we went to get groceries and made a pizza. I was back to normal by then. Tomorrow is a rest day. I'll see what I can do on Friday.

No comments: