Saturday, July 26, 2008

Week 20

This was the first of two warm up weeks before I start my formal training for my marathon. I'm going to use the 18-week Novice-1 training schedule set out by Hal Higdon on his web site. I completed the Gulf Beaches Marathon in 2003 and finishing it was a great experience. I remember when I started training back in 2002, I couldn't run a mile. I was just a bit overweight and I started running because I was sitting in my La-Z-Boy recliner and I felt my heart beat just a little irregularly and I freaked out thinking I was on the way to a heart attack. I had always been a pretty active person and I just felt the need to be active again. I can't remember when I decided to run marathon but I committed myself to doing it and had fun training. I had a calendar of miles that I had to complete and I liked checking them off.

This week's highlights:

I ran about 10 miles this week. My legs still suck. Can't wait until they are like machines.

Luckie and I finally got to see The Dark Knight this past Wednesday. It was great entertainment. Just LOUD as hell. We still didn't get to see it in IMAX because it was sold out and the 7:30 show we originally got tickets for was so packed we couldn't find seats together so we had to get a refund and go to the 8:50 show which ended at 11:15! It was a long night to see just one movie. We left for the theatre at 6:45pm.

No comments: